Ideal for low to highly exuding acute and chronic wounds. Contains a hydrogel impregnated with 30% medical-grade Fynbos honey on a polyester mesh structure that allows passage of exudate through the dressing into an appropriate secondary dressing.
Multipurpose protective wound contact layer
Our mesh dressing coated with a honey-based hydrogel
- Contains medical-grade Fynbos honey.
- Ideal for low to highly exuding wounds.
- Exudate easily passes through to a secondary absorbent dressing, preventing maceration of the wound surface.
- Protection against bacterial proliferation.
- Can be cut to wound size.
Ideal for low to highly exuding wounds
Exudate passes through
Inhibits bacterial growth
Can be cut to wound size
Low to heavily exuding wounds such as:
- Pressure wounds
- Superficial and partial thickness burns (first- and second-degree burns)
- Venous ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Diabetic wounds
- Fungating (oncologic) wounds
- Donor sites
- Surgical wounds
- As a secondary dressing over a primary dressing for cavity wounds
It is also indicated for:
- Dry and non-exuding wounds only when activated by moisture (Melcura HoneyGel) prior to application
Our Mesh dressing is packed with ingredients ideal for absorption of exudates.
- Medical-grade Fynbos honey
How to use
Clean exuding wound of dirt, bacteria, and visible particles using soap and water.
Remove the sterile dressing from pouch. Peel the dressing off the clear plastic backing sheet using the provided implement.
HoneyMesh may be cut to size of wound. Apply the freshly-exposed side to the exuding wound.
Cover with a secondary dressing of choice to prevent hydrogel from drying out.